Donating today help support the ongoing mission and ministry of Canterbury Conference Center. Your support is vital to helping us provide profound experiences in God’s creation. Every gift is valued and appreciated.
All of us want to make life better, for ourselves and for others. We want to do meaningful things. When you donate to Canterbury, your donation proceeds are used to offset the costs of retreats. It will be used to defray the cost of attendance for religious individual or small and large group retreats.
We greatly appreciate your interest in donating to our ministry! Our facility impacts hundreds of lives each year for Christ.
Once you click on the give now button above you will automatically be re-directed to the ClearGive website to learn more about giving options.
Make a difference everyday by making a monthly gift. By setting up your monthly recurring gift, you can relax knowing your tax-deductible giving plan is in place.
Once you click on the recurring button above you will automatically be re-directed to the ClearGive website to learn more about giving options.
Canterbury Conference Center is a non-profit, tax-exempt trust established under the laws of the state of Florida and within the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the Fund are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
For additional information, please contact us at [email protected]
Gifts of Personal Property:
Give valuable assets that you no longer want to insure or maintain. You may get a deduction for your generosity.
How It Works
- You transfer a kayak, canoe, bicycle or golf cart to Canterbury Conference Center.
- You transfer equipment such as riding mower, tractor accessories etc. to Canterbury Conference Center.
- You transfer a valuable painting, antiques, or other personal property to Canterbury Conference Center.
- Canterbury may hold and display the property or use it in the furtherance of its mission.
- Canterbury may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for its mission.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by Canterbury Conference Center to carry out its mission.
- The same benefits also encourage gifts of personal property: artwork, antiques, equipment and other items that help us advance our mission.
- In certain cases, you can use personal property to fund a life-income gift that provides you and/or other loved ones with an income now and benefits Canterbury Conference Center in the future.
- Without giving cash during your life, you can make a gift that is immediately beneficial to Canterbury Conference Center.
If you are considering such a gift, please talk with us first by completing the form below. We can determine if the items can be used by us – a requirement for you to claim a full deduction. It is not recommended that you donate personal property with the idea that the items can be liquidated for cash, because the IRS will then limit your charitable deduction to your cost basis in the property.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.