Dear Friends as Florida and the rest of the country begins to reopen, we have seen the return of personal retreats, with groups resuming shortly as well.
Being proactive, we are working with group leaders to insure we meet their needs while following all state and local regulations. Observing social distancing, we are limiting the number of groups at one time to one, with no more than one guest or couple per room.
To assure everyone’s safety, Canterbury has taken the following precautions:
- New cleaning procedures include electrostatic sprayers that allow for
touchless disinfecting capabilities as part of the thorough cleaning
- In public spaces, Canterbury requires that surfaces are treated with
hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with
- In guest rooms, Canterbury detailed cleaning practices, requires all
surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Signage in the lobby reminds guests to maintain social distancing and
guests are issued colored wrist bands of green, yellow and red to
indicate their distancing preference.
- Canterbury has added a plexiglass partition at the front desk to
provide an extra level of precaution for guests and staff and has
- Canterbury has removed and re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in several locations around
Canterbury and individual hand sanitizers are placed at each seat in
- All Food and Beverage staff members are required to wear masks,
gloves and hats.
- Meals are served by staff members “Cafeteria Style”, rather than self-
service Buffet Style. The counters have been modified for safety by
adding plexiglass fronts and sides.
Canterbury is the perfect setting, offering a secluded and spiritual oasis that is far from ordinary. Tucked away in a verdant Florida landscape and encircling Lake Gem on 48 beautifully wooded acres.
Canterbury’s distinctive charm is the perfect setting for creating memorable, meaningful and spiritual experiences. A “safe” idyllic and tranquil place to gain:
- Freedom – a place to lay aside the weights and troubles that bind.
- Restoration – a place to rest, to be refreshed and find strength for the battles ahead.
Whether you visit this summer or sometime in the future, we look forward to serving you. It will be an opportunity for you to experience firsthand a renewed Canterbury.
Chalmers I. Morse, Executive Director
Check out some of the COVID-19 informational resources:
Florida Health – 2019 Novel Coronavirus Response (COVID-19)
Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association: Click HERE for COVID-19 updates
Florida AGENCY RESOURCES – https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/covid19/Taskforce%20Report.pdf